GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Public Policy and Outreach Coordinator is jointly responsible for the overall coordination of the issue initiatives as outlined in the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) including performing the essential functions required to support the external committees of the PA SILC.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- Coordinate activities of PA SILC External/Issue Committees,
- Coordinate issue-based training for members of committees consistent with SPIL outcomes,
- Coordinate PA SILC public policy/outreach related materials for committees in conjunction with the Executive Director,
- Strengthen relationships with representatives of government in order to advance relevant disability legislation and public policies
- Monitor relevant legislation and disability public policies,
- Support the development of a statewide action team that works on objectives and action items consistent with the state plan for Independent living as well as each center for independent living’s goals,
- Participate in external committees as assigned,
- Work with other PA SILC policy staff regarding legislation and activities relevant to the committee goals,
- Assist in the development of SILC documents and annual work plans,
- Assist in the maintenance of the SILC webpage and other SILC social medias platforms,
- Assist in the planning of quarterly board meetings,
- Submit quarterly and year end reports of activities in a timely manner,
- Work to engage and educate the community/government about the PA SILC and its goals
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the Independent Living philosophy required.
- Experience working with people with disabilities required.
- Systems change and public policy experience required.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications and various social media platforms
- Familiarity with the legislative budget process
- Exceptional communications and organizational skills necessary.
- Demonstrated writing skills required.
- Ability to work with people from all walks of life in a non-judgmental manner.
- Personal experience with a disability preferred.
- Availability for work related travel.
To Apply: By mail to 207 House Avenue, Suite 107, Room 14, Camp Hill, PA. 17011 or email to email@example.com. Call 717-364-1732 with questions.