PASILC participated in quarterly PARC legislative visits with key members of the Pennsylvania General Assembly responsible for moving on legislation concerning the employment of people with disabilities.
Redesigned PA SILC website provides expanded content, easy access to resources, and increased opportunities for connection.
The Pennsylvania Statewide Independent Living Council is pleased to announce the release of our newly redesigned website www.pasilc.org.
The PA SILC saw a need for an increased web presence and after several months of development, has released a site with accessibility and connection at the forefront, designed to greater serve individuals with disabilities and disability organizations throughout Pennsylvania.
New features of the site include:
- Accessibility features: The new site follows standards for accessible web design and has gone through user testing to ensure that all information is accessible for everyone.
- Streamlined experience: Simpler navigation and menus have been incorporated into the site to help visitors easily access the information they need.
- Increased resources: The new pasilc.org site has a wealth of resources including a list of commonly used acronyms; a listing of national and statewide resources and links; and multiple ways to find Centers for Independent Living across the state.
- A focus on Independent Living: The new site features a timeline of Independent Living movement to share the history and story of the movement.
- An area for discussion and communication: Sharing information is important to the people and organizations that the PA SILC serves, so the new site features an entire area for visitors to start and participate in discussions about information important to them.
- Up to the minute updates: The new site also features updated news, events and social update information.
About the Pennsylvania Statewide Independent Living Council: The PA SILC is a governor-appointed, consumer-controlled, non-profit Council comprised of statewide and cross-disability representations. The mission of PA SILC is to use our collective power and legal mandate to develop and secure public policies that ensure civil rights and expand options for all people with disabilities in all aspects of life.