Redesigned PA SILC website provides expanded content, easy access to resources, and increased opportunities for connection.
The Pennsylvania Statewide Independent Living Council is pleased to announce the release of our newly redesigned website www.pasilc.org.
The PA SILC saw a need for an increased web presence and after several months of development, has released a site with accessibility and connection at the forefront, designed to greater serve individuals with disabilities and disability organizations throughout Pennsylvania.
New features of the site include:
- Accessibility features: The new site follows standards for accessible web design and has gone through user testing to ensure that all information is accessible for everyone.
- Streamlined experience: Simpler navigation and menus have been incorporated into the site to help visitors easily access the information they need.
- Increased resources: The new pasilc.org site has a wealth of resources including a list of commonly used acronyms; a listing of national and statewide resources and links; and multiple ways to find Centers for Independent Living across the state.
- A focus on Independent Living: The new site features a timeline of Independent Living movement to share the history and story of the movement.
- An area for discussion and communication: Sharing information is important to the people and organizations that the PA SILC serves, so the new site features an entire area for visitors to start and participate in discussions about information important to them.
- Up to the minute updates: The new site also features updated news, events and social update information.
About the Pennsylvania Statewide Independent Living Council: The PA SILC is a governor-appointed, consumer-controlled, non-profit Council comprised of statewide and cross-disability representations. The mission of PA SILC is to use our collective power and legal mandate to develop and secure public policies that ensure civil rights and expand options for all people with disabilities in all aspects of life.
Some highlights from the NCIL Conference in Washington last week:
March to the Capitol and Hill Day Visits
Thanks to all PA CILS that did the NCIL March and Hill Day Visits with the entire PA delegation! Issues discussed were CIL funding, Disability community opposition to ADA Notification bills, Housing (accessible and affordable) and support for Disability Integration Act.
Federal Home and Loan Bank Breakfast
Attended Federal Home & Loan Bank breakfast with PA housing advocates (including Housing Alliance of PA) before Hill Day Visits for National Alliance to End Homelessness Conference to discuss housing budget and policy issues. Senator Toomey’ staff had room set aside and attended.
No Place Like Home TRIPIL Presentation
Attending NCIL session where TRIPIL is presenting on ‘No Place like Home’ on NHT. Over 60 people in final poster session.
The PA SILC has developed an updated Pennsylvania State Plan for Independent Living, which is currently in review from Federal officials and will become current on October 1, 2016. Download a pdf of the 2017 – 2019 Proposed State Plan to read the draft plan.
You can also access our current 2014-2016 State Plan on the Current State Plan page.